The Bormental diet is a weight loss technique, the principle of which is based on an effective psychological technique that helps to reduce appetite and helps to identify the motivation for losing weight. This figure correction system was patented in 2001 by Dr. Bormental. Every year its popularity is gradually growing. During the course of therapy, breathing exercises, neuro-linguistic coding methods, and meditation may be involved.
In addition to the psychological approach, the Bormental system is based on a strict limitation of the calorie content of the daily diet to 1200 kcal per day (1400 kcal during hard physical work), four or five meals a day with intervals between meals up to 4.5 hours. Thanks to this routine, metabolism is activated, the size of the stomach is reduced, excess weight is lost, useful habits are formed.
The duration of the weight loss technique is not strictly regulated, the average weight loss per week is 1-3 kg.
Principles of diet
The program from Dr. Bormental does not provide a specific list of allowed foods that should be eaten during the day. A man makes his own menu based on the rules listed below.
A distinctive feature of this weight loss technique is the calculation of the total calorie content of the daily diet. As well as daily plumb control. For these purposes, it is recommended to purchase floor, kitchen scales.
In order not to be mistaken, it is useful to keep a Bormental album, in which to carry out an energetic miscalculation of foods or dishes planned for use for the day. In total, their energy value should not exceed the daily norm.
At first, this procedure requires a lot of time, but after 2 weeks a new habit will allow you to do these operations on the machine.
A personal diary is needed not only to record calorie data of food products and weight status, but also to analyze eating behavior. After 20 days of diet, the losing weight will clearly be able to notice what results have been achieved, as well as adjust the menu to improve the results.
The principles on which the weight loss program for Bormetal is based:
- Lack of strict prohibitions on food. That is, when a desire arises to eat a cake, it is allowed to eat it, however, provided that its calorie content is subtracted from the daily energy ration. Thanks to this approach, a person does not feel psychological discomfort, which inevitably leads to stress, breakdowns and overeating. After the desired product enters the body, food pleasure centers send signals to satisfy the need. As a result, the craving for this dish in the near future weakens or completely disappears.
- Strict drinking regimen. The daily norm of pure water is 2 liters.
- Four meals a day. The maximum time intervals between eating is 4.5 hours. If necessary, they switch to five meals a day.
- The daily caloric content of the diet is 1200 kcal, in extreme cases it increases to 1400 kcal, subject to the performance of heavy physical labor. The volume of a single portion is up to 200 g.
- Limiting the intake of simple carbohydrates. The prohibited products include: products from higher grades of wheat (pasta, confectionery), alcoholic beverages. In addition, pickled, smoked, fatty, salty foods should be discarded. Preferred methods of cooking: baking, steaming, boiling and stewing.
- The calorie content of each meal should be distributed according to the principle (relative to the daily allowance): breakfast - 30%, lunch - 10%, lunch - 40%, dinner - 20%.
- Emphasis is placed on dairy products with low fat content, protein foods (meat, fish, seafood), unsweetened fruits and vegetables, rich in fiber. An extreme meal is 3.5 hours before bedtime.
- Refuse heavy physical exertion. During weight loss in conditions of decreasing calorie intake, the additional energy costs can be harmful.
- Weigh weekly.
Subject to the rules of the methodology, in 7 days you can become 2-4 kg lighter. In this case, you do not have to experience any strong restrictions, it is allowed to make changes to the diet. Bormental's diet can be practiced for 2 months. In case of weakness, exhaustion, loss of strength, the daily diet should be increased by 200 kcal.
This weight loss program is gradually forming proper eating habits, which further contribute to maintaining the desired shape.
Advantages and disadvantages
In the ranking of diets, the Bormental weight loss program takes the 25th position. To develop and maintain the motivation for losing weight, first of all, you must admit to yourself obesity. Despite the fact that there is nothing shameful in this, not every person has the courage to state a fact. In this case, it will not be superfluous to seek the help of a therapist. The doctor will help you to tune in a positive way, due to which weight loss will be easier to tolerate.
Advantages of the technique:
- the possibility of making changes to the diet, drawing up an individual menu;
- freedom of choice of dishes;
- lasting result;
- lack of hunger;
- a decrease in the size of the stomach;
- the formation of new healthy eating habits, the main of which is not to overeat.
Proponents of the diet note the absence of stress caused by the rejection of your favorite food. Unlike other methods of losing weight (especially strict programs that involve staying on the same vegetable, fruit, cereal or sour-milk drink), the Bormental program does not exclude the intake of high-calorie foods: bananas, dates, figs, raisins, grapes. They can be eaten, however, provided that the daily calorie intake should be at around 1200 units.
Cons of a diet:
- Constant calorie count. This makes it uncomfortable, for example, if you need food outside the house, with frequent business trips.
- Not the versatility of the system. The Bormental diet provides for a "low-calorie corridor," which not everyone is able to withstand.
- Incompatibility with physical activity. People who regularly visit the gym and do fitness are advised to pay attention to the Ducane diet. Protein nutrition system allows you to accelerate weight loss, build muscle and at the same time feel good. Otherwise, intense exercise during the practice of Bormental's diet can lead to depletion of the body.
- Contraindications: mental disorders, diabetes mellitus, pregnancy and lactation, acute, oncological and chronic diseases, under the age of 18 years and after 60 years.
Dr. Bormental's nutrition program is prohibited for people who have had a heart attack or stroke.
- Deterioration of mood, performance and general vitality, the appearance of weakness. As a result, immunity weakens, the body's susceptibility to viral infections increases, the likelihood of developing anemia, hormonal disorders, and cancer.
- Flabby skin, sluggish muscle tissue. In order to avoid these unpleasant consequences of weight loss according to Bormental, it is necessary to undergo physiotherapy, light physical exercises should not be neglected. To maintain the tone of the dermis, it is useful to undergo spa treatments, body wraps, and massage.
- Imbalance. In order to maintain the body and prevent nutritional deficiency, it is recommended to use a vitamin-mineral complex (Vitrum, Alphabet) throughout the diet.
Remember, after switching from a usual diet to a diet, with a sharp restriction of high-carb foods, the body feels discomfort, which manifests itself in malaise. This is a normal reaction, which usually takes place within a few days. Gradually, the stomach adapts to changes, discomfort disappears.
It happens at some stage the weight stops. In this case, do not doubt the effectiveness of the diet. This is a normal occurrence. You must continue to adhere to the methodology, and after a while (5-7 days), the daily plumb line will move from zero to minus.
Before moving on to a diet, it is recommended to undergo an examination and consult with your doctor about the presence of contraindications.
Bormental calorie table
The daily diet should be based on the energy value of the prepared dishes (and not raw). This is precisely the feature of the Bormental table.
Before you go on a diet, it is recommended to create a menu for 3-4 days, recording in the diary the calorie content of each dish. The diet can be adjusted based on your own preferences, which do not violate the fundamental principles of nutrition. Before meals, food must be weighed.
|Name||Calories in 100 g of product, kcal|
|Whole powdered milk||481|
|Gouda cheese (45%)||368|
|Sour cream (15%)||160|
|Cow's milk (2.5%)||55|
|Fish and seafood|
|Premium wheat bread||233|
|Drinks and broths|
|Gin, whiskey, cognac||220|
|Water, tea without sugar||0|
On weekdays, it is better to focus on breakfast. It should contain a small amount of carbohydrates. This will improve well-being and will allow you to maintain high activity, at least in the morning. For lunch, it is recommended to eat protein foods (meat or fish) with vegetables. Like breakfast, it should be hearty, and dinner, on the contrary, light. In the evening, it is preferable to eat a salad of fresh vegetables, baked apples, drink yogurt.
Menu for every day
The Bormental diet does not imply clear guidelines for daily food intake. Losing weight alone makes a diet. To determine the nutritional value of a dish, all its components are subject to precise weighing, then their calorific value is determined from the table and an energy calculation is performed. This figure is recorded in the diary, the remaining daily rate is calculated.
Sample menu for the week
Option number 1:
- breakfast - chicken - 80 g, tomato - 1 pc, buckwheat - 80 g;
- lunch - half a marshmallow, green tea without sugar - 200 ml;
- lunch - mashed potatoes - 100 g, pollock - 150 g, half red pepper;
- afternoon snack - orange - 1 pc;
- dinner - beef baked with herbs - 100 g, kefir 1% - 150 ml, salad of cucumbers and tomatoes - 150 g.
Option number 2:
- breakfast - buckwheat with milk - 100 g;
- second breakfast - nonfat yogurt without additives - 180 ml, bread with bran - 3 pcs;
- lunch - cucumber - 1 pc, tomato - 1 pc, cabbage soup with fresh cabbage - 200 g, a slice of whole grain bread - 1 pc;
- afternoon snack - not fried almonds - 30 g;
- dinner - chicken with vegetables - 200 g.
Option number 3:
- breakfast - cottage cheese 5% - 100 g;
- second breakfast - walnuts - 30 g;
- lunch - whole grain bread - 1 pc, fish - 100 g, carrots - 50 g, kefir 1% - 150 ml;
- afternoon snack - tomato juice - 180 ml;
- dinner - a vegetable mix of green peas, white cabbage and cucumber - 100 g, chicken - 100 g.
Eating should take place in a relaxed atmosphere at the table. You need to eat slowly (at least 15 minutes), so that the hunger regulation center can timely signal the onset of satiety. Otherwise, if there is something on the go, after eating a portion, a person for some time (up to 20 minutes) will not feel full. This threatens to increase portions, which can lead to a breakdown in the diet.
Breakfast should be within 60 minutes after waking up, and dinner at least 3 hours before bedtime. Once every 2 weeks, a glass of natural red dry wine is allowed.
Reviews and exit rules
Dr. Bormental's diet is considered one of the most effective methods of losing weight. Adherents of a low-calorie diet claim successful weight loss without subsequent regression. In the first week, 2-5 extra pounds are left, depending on individual factors, constitution and initial weight. Subsequently, the "natural decrease" in weight corresponds to 6-12 kilograms per month. Together with the removal of excess fluid from the body, swelling decreases, the dermis acquires a healthy appearance.
Winning overweight is a real reason to be proud of yourself. However, the joy of this achievement is overshadowed by the question: "How to restore skin elasticity?". Derma has the ability to contract, stretch. Naturally, excess fat under the skin presses on it. As a result, the dermis is stretched, covering all the folds. With weight loss, she does not go anywhere, but sagging.
The most problematic areas: chest, buttocks, inner thighs, stomach and arms. To remove sagging skin you need to act on it from the outside and from the inside at the same time. Ways of struggle: water procedures, cosmetics, body wraps, massage, physical activity, scrubs and peels, heavy drinking, balanced low-carb diet.
After losing weight (when achieving the desired result), first of all, you need to fix the weight, excluding the probability of its return. This can be achieved by constantly maintaining the new regime and observing the basic principles of nutrition: satisfying, tasty, healthy, necessary for harmony. When the right habits are formed, you can gradually increase the daily energy value of the diet by 200-300 kcal. Thus, the body will be able to protect against stress and avoid the return of lost pounds.
Dr. Bormental insists that the cause of excess weight is in the head. To cope with it, it is enough to change the attitude towards this fact: to destroy the previously established stereotypes of improper eating behavior and eliminate the psychological causes of overeating. Only after full awareness and their elimination, a person has a chance to control habits, appetite, lead a healthy lifestyle.
Remember, overweight is not only an ugly appearance, but also a hidden threat to health. Obesity is the cause of the development of many diseases, in particular, atherosclerosis and hypertension. Therefore, the decision to start losing weight, first of all, should be based on maintaining health, and only then on beauty.
The low-calorie diet according to Bormental is in most cases easily tolerated. The main thing is not to observe monotony in food. By constantly consuming vegetables or fruits alone, you can not only not achieve the desired result, but also undermine your health.The human body does not imply uniformity in nutrition. For the proper functioning of internal organs and systems, proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins, macro- and microelements must be supplied with food. Moreover, if any of the nutrition components or nutrients is in short supply, the person’s well-being worsens, and his health suffers. Therefore, it is important to balance the diet, diversify the menu with lean dishes.
Recipe number 1 "Vegetable stew with mushrooms"
- sour cream - 15 ml;
- carrots - 4 pcs;
- tomatoes - 2 pcs;
- boiled mushrooms - 200 g;
- bell pepper - 3 pcs;
- white or Beijing cabbage - 300 g;
- onion - 2pcs;
- garlic - 2 cloves.
- Peel carrots, onions and garlic.
- Cut vegetables, mix, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stew insist 30 minutes. Serve hot with meat or porridge.
The energy value of the dish is 100 kcal per 100 g.
Recipe number 2 "Soup with eggplant"
- carrots - 1 pc;
- boiled red beans - 100 g;
- eggplant - 150 g;
- water - 1.5 l;
- leek or green - 1 pc;
- potatoes - 3-4 pcs;
- sunflower or olive oil - 20 ml;
- bay leaf - 1 pc.
- Peel carrots, onions, potatoes and eggplant, chop.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Boil the potatoes with beans for 20 minutes.
- Passion onions, eggplant, carrots with vegetable oil, pour into a boiling pan. Add bay leaf, boil another 10 minutes.
The energy value of eggplant soup is 60 kcal per 100 g. Due to the presence of protein, fiber and a balanced composition, the dish gives a feeling of satiety for a long time.
The Bormental diet is a nutritional system developed by psychotherapists and nutritionists in order to systematically reduce body weight. This method of losing weight, designed for a long period, is easily tolerated by the human body, gives a stable result. The main thing is to be able to count calories. A diverse food basket, with a minimum number of prohibitions, facilitates the process of losing weight.
The essence of the Bormental diet is to reduce the calorie intake of the daily diet to 1,200 units. People leading a sedentary lifestyle, it is recommended to limit the rate of 1000 kcal per day. In order to avoid a diet breakdown and exceeding the permissible calorie content of the daily menu, it is useful to create a food diary in which to note the energy value of the foods eaten and planned for consumption. Thanks to this, you will be able to constantly monitor your diet.
To achieve maximum results, it is recommended to drink tea within 50 minutes after a meal. This will prolong the feeling of fullness. The maximum intervals between meals should not exceed 4.5 hours. As a snack, it is useful to use low-calorie fruits (apples, strawberries, orange, grapefruit) or sour-milk drinks (kefir, yogurt without fillers, fermented baked milk, yogurt).
In addition to reducing weight, the Bormental diet has many advantages: it improves well-being, restores former activity, lightness, improves skin condition, quality of sexual life, reduces stress on the heart and joints. In addition, losing weight helps to increase self-esteem, gives confidence, eliminates the inferiority complex.
A slender figure is an occasion to be proud of your achievement. It's never too late to take the road of health and beauty!