Vitamins for weight gain are substances that are part of enzymes and take part in the metabolism. A person who wants to gain weight should eat high-calorie foods (meat, fish, dairy products) and rich in complex carbohydrates (rye bread, cereals, vegetables) so that the body receives enough energy to process protein, fatty foods. It is impossible to imagine a healthy diet without vitamins. They do not stimulate or inhibit metabolic reactions, but normalize their functioning.
Consider how to prevent further loss and gain weight.
Causes of muscle deficiency
Before embarking on a weight-building program, it’s recommended that you understand what has led to thinness. Otherwise, if you do not identify the cause, the course of gaining body weight may be ineffective.
The main factor that affects muscle formation is metabolism. All people are individual. To maintain vital processes, each body requires a different amount of energy.
Rapid metabolism is the dream of representatives of the endomorphic body type, in which a predominance of transverse body sizes is observed. It’s easier for such people to build muscle, but it’s hard to deal with excessive fat deposition. With an accelerated metabolism, it is extremely difficult to recover, because even in a state of rest, energy consumption will be very high. As a result, fat is consumed at lightning speed for the needs of the body, without accumulating, therefore, the asthenic type of physique requires a special diet to get fat.
To maintain body weight within normal limits, the amount of energy expended must correspond to the amount received, and for weight gain, it should even be lower (for the supply of carbohydrates and the increase in body fat).
Causes of muscle exhaustion:
- Increased carbohydrate metabolism (genetic predisposition). Thin people suffering from this problem need an increased amount of carbohydrates in the daily menu. At least 60% of the total calorie intake should come to their share. A lack of carbohydrates in the diet causes an imbalance in metabolism, a decrease in cells in volume, which leads to a decrease in body weight.
- Insufficient calorie intake. With increased carbohydrate metabolism, more calories are required for the general metabolism of the body. In this case, to determine the need, the current weight is multiplied by "40".
Another cause of underweight is lack of nutrition.
- Hormonal disorders. In particular, thyroid dysfunction is hyperthyroidism. An excess of thyroid hormone causes an increased oxygen consumption by tissues, which leads to increased energy metabolism (carbohydrate, protein, fat).
- Disorders of the digestive tract. We are talking about reduced production of enzymes that contribute to the breakdown of products into vitamins, macro- and microelements, proteins, fats, carbohydrates. Their deficiency leads to the fact that food is poorly absorbed, and nutrients come out in transit.
Possible causes of thinness are parasitic infestations, gastritis, peptic ulcer, gastrointestinal dysfunction.
- Pancreas malfunctioning. The consequences of this violation are insufficient insulin production, which complicates the supply of the body with components of carbohydrate origin. Without anabolic hormone, nutrients cannot penetrate into the cells, which means there can be no talk of normal fat, muscle mass.
- Stress, psychological problems, against the background of which the appetite disappears, as a result, the body is in a hunger strike.
- Deficiency of vitamins, macro- and microelements. If the human body lacks useful nutrients, the development of cells, which serve as one of the main components in increasing body weight, is suspended. In addition, against the background of hypovitaminosis, disorders of the digestive tract, pancreas and thyroid gland can occur, which affect metabolic reactions in the body.
The consequences of thinness
Remember, an improperly selected diet, poor in vitamin and mineral composition and calories, is negatively displayed on the state of the body:
- body weight decreases;
- immunity suffers, the frequency of viral, infectious diseases increases;
- psychoemotional balance is disturbed (irritability appears, nervous breakdowns);
- fatigue, lethargy;
- malfunctions of the hormonal system, which entails changes in the internal organs (sometimes irreversible);
- muscle weakness;
- decreased mental activity, performance;
- developmental slowdown in children;
- interruptions in the menstrual cycle in women;
- decreased sperm production in men;
- prolonged course of inflammatory reactions;
- fatal outcome due to extreme exhaustion of the body.
Underweight is a “signal” of malfunctions in the body that cannot be ignored.
Vitamins and Minerals for Body Weight
To determine the physical condition, first of all, it is necessary to calculate the individual body mass index (BMI): weight (in kilograms) divided by height (in meters) squared. Compare the resulting figure with the norm.
- 16 and below - deficit of body weight (pronounced);
- 16 - 18.5 - underweight;
- 18.5 - 24.99 - the norm;
- 25 - 30 - overweight;
- 30 - 35 - I degree obesity;
- 35 - 40 - obesity of the II degree;
- 40 and above - obesity of the III degree.
Thus, if the body mass index is below the "18.5" mark, you need to pay attention to the diet, make adjustments, be examined for the presence of concomitant diseases that cause non-assimilation of food products or an accelerated metabolism.
Vitamins without which it will not work to gain weight:
- Retinol (A). It serves as a kind of opponent of hormones that the thyroid gland produces to accelerate metabolic reactions in the body. As a result, an overdose of these products causes the body to process calories in an increased mode, preventing the collection of additional mass. In addition, vitamin A promotes cell growth and development, which is important for building muscle. Retinol does not allow the mucous membranes to dry out, which favorably affects the reproductive system.
Natural sources: fish oil, eggs, meat, liver. Plant foods (bell peppers, carrots, apricots, tomatoes) contain beta-carotene, which is converted to retinol during the digestion of food.
- Vitamins of group B (B1, B2, B3, B6).
Remember, in the human body, metabolism can occur only when there is a sufficient amount of energy in it.
Nicotinic acid, pyridoxine, thiamine and riboflavin nourish the cells.
Vitamin B1 takes part in redox reactions that contribute to the development of the body. Thiamine is partially produced by the beneficial intestinal microflora. However, this is not enough, to replenish stocks, it is recommended to saturate the menu with bran, yeast, whole grain products. Deficiency of vitamin B1 develops with a violation of the digestive system, due to incomplete absorption of foods. As a result, if the cause is not eliminated, nutrition for mass gain will not bring the desired effect.
Vitamin B2 regulates digestion, is involved in the absorption of fats. Contained in chicken eggs, brewer's yeast, bananas, milk.
Nicotinic acid controls the creation of proteins, fats in the body. This is an important nutrient in weight gain. The main source of the component is brewer's yeast.
Pyridoxine is needed for the synthesis of the building material of proteins - amino acids. Natural sources: sunflower seeds, potatoes, chicken meat.
- Vitamins E and C. Due to their antioxidant properties, they reduce the number of free radicals in the body, without suppression of which it is almost impossible to gain weight. Vitamin C is found in blackcurrant, strawberries, citrus fruits, and E - in sunflower seeds, walnuts, vegetable oils.
Macro- and microelements that promote tissue growth and the formation of muscle proteins to increase body weight: potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, sulfur, copper, vanadium, iron, zinc.
Weight Gain Products
To quickly build muscle, it is recommended to use vitamins A, B, E and C separately. In such preparations, the dose of the active substance (nutrient) is usually higher, as a result, the effect is noticeable after 7-14 days of administration.
Vitamin and mineral complexes:
- "Hi Tec Vitamin A-Z". It is an antioxidant formula - a complete spectrum of macro- and microelements, vitamins with grape seeds, extracted with green tea. Vitamin A-Z supplies the body with a complex of bioflavonoids, provides immunostimulating, anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic effects. In addition, the drug strengthens blood vessels, improves performance, accelerates muscle gain, restores the retina, and protects the skin from UV radiation.
The complex contains the following nutrients: vitamins A, B, C, D, E, K, calcium, chlorine, chromium, copper, magnesium, manganese, zinc, silicon, iron, iodine, potassium, phosphorus, selenium, molybdenum.
Take 1 tablet twice a day after meals, drinking plenty of water.
- "Allmax Zma". This is a sports supplement that helps restore tissue, open anabolic muscle zones, and increase strength. Allmax Zma contains Vitamin B6 (3.5 milligrams), Zinc (10 milligrams), Magnesium (150 milligrams). The main advantages of the drug are the optimal ratio of trace elements, easy digestibility.
For muscle growth, men are advised to take 3 capsules before meals (once) and 1 at night. Women - 2 pieces before the main meal (one-time) and half an hour before bedtime.
- "Mega Mass 4000". This cocktail is a classic substitute for food, which serves as a building material for muscles. Mega Mass contains easily digestible carbohydrates, highly purified whey, milk, egg proteins, creatine, vitamins B, C, E and minerals (zinc, iodine, phosphorus, calcium, iron). The action of the drug is aimed at providing the body with calories and energy (for strength training, muscle recovery after it and the production of protein in muscle fibers), which are the main factors that determine weight gain.
A cocktail is taken 1 to 2 times a day 30 minutes after playing sports, in between meals. Method of preparing a sports energy drink: dissolve 150 grams of powder in 550 milliliters of milk with a fat content of 1.5%.
Pharmaceutical preparations for gaining body weight: Nutrizone, Peritol, Riboxin, Glutamic acid, Elevit Pronatal, Potassium orotate, tincture of the golden root, Eleutherococcus, Diabeton MV, Cytochrome C, Tsitomak.
Are drugs for weight gain harmless?
There is currently no single answer to this question. Some drugs do not have a very pronounced effect, but are safe for the body, while others are effective, but dangerous.
Remember, weight loss and weight gain is a process that affects all systems. A thoughtless, reckless approach can lead to functional impairment.
As a result, after stopping the intake of appetite stimulants, metabolism or hormonal agents, weight can continue to increase / decrease regardless of them. Therefore, before using radical methods, it is recommended to try to achieve the desired result with the help of popular advice.
Beer yeast for weight gain
Interestingly, gaining the desired kilograms is much more difficult than losing. To solve this problem, various methods are used: physiotherapy, vitamin preparations, dietary supplements, sports, hormones, protein shakes. One such remedy is ordinary brewer's yeast. This is a natural product, the uniqueness of which lies in its chemical composition, contributing to the acceleration and restoration of metabolic processes, biochemical reactions in the body, stimulating weight gain.
The energy value of the product is 75 calories per 100 grams. The ratio of B: W: Y is 68%: 32%: 0%.
|Name||Nutrient content in 100 grams of product, milligrams|
|Folic Acid (B9)||0,108|
Brewer's yeast is a storehouse of fiber, protein, fatty acids, enzymes (β-fructofuranosidase, peptidase, glucosidase, proteinase), glucose, essential amino acids (alanine, glycine, leucine, valine, isoleucine, histidine).
Due to its rich composition, they have the following effects on the human body:
- improve digestion and the functioning of the digestive system;
- metabolism, hormonal levels normalize;
- stimulate appetite;
- regulate insulin production;
- stabilize the energy balance;
- remove toxins;
- improve the condition of hair, skin, nails;
- promote cell regeneration;
- strengthen immunity;
- lower "bad" cholesterol;
- increase efficiency, susceptibility to stress.
Brewer's yeast is divided into two groups: raw, autolysed. In the first case, the product is unicellular mushrooms. They are contraindicated for people with a weak gastric system, a tendency to allergic reactions and candidiasis.
Brewer's yeast autolysate is a dietary supplement in the form of tablets or powder. This form is better digested by the human body than raw. Autolized yeast contains nutrients in an easily digestible free form, do not cause fermentation in the body.
To quickly gain body weight, follow these rules:
- Eat at least four times a day in small portions. Nutrition should be balanced, without sugar, salt, unhealthy fats.
- Drink at least 2.5 liters of water per day.
- Eat brewer's yeast immediately after a meal.
- Exercise regularly. With low physical activity, the fatty layer will grow, with high - muscle mass.
- The minimum course for receiving brewer's yeast is 1 month.
The autolysate is used according to the manufacturer's instructions indicated on the package: 1 - 2.5 grams of powder, previously dissolved in 100 milliliters of water or 3-5 tablets 3 times a day. For athletes with intense power loads, the daily norm is determined based on the calculation of 0.3 grams of the drug per 1 kilogram of body weight. If necessary, the course can be repeated after 2 months.
Contraindications to the use of brewer's yeast:
- an allergy, in particular to penicillin;
- kidney disease
- sensitivity to the drug.
Thus, the mechanism of weight gain using brewer's yeast consists in the presence of easily digestible protein, essential amino acids that act as “bricks” in the construction and restoration of tissues, which leads to weight gain (subject to regular physical exertion). At the same time, vitamins, macro- and microelements, which are part of the yeast, saturate the body with nutrients, prevent depletion, improve the absorption of proteins.
Vitamin Products for Weight Gain
To increase body weight, increase the calorie intake by 200 - 300 units. The daily rate is calculated taking into account workloads, height, weight. The daily calorie intake for young people aged 19 to 30 is 2400; for athletes, it starts at 3000, depending on the type and intensity of exercise. After 30 years, metabolism slows down, the need of a person with a "sedentary" lifestyle decreases to 2200 calories per day, after 50 years it drops to 2000 calories.
Products for weight gain:
- hard pasta;
- dried fruits and nuts;
- chicken fillet, low-fat beef;
- peanut butter;
- whole milk;
- brown rice;
- durum wheat bread;
- hard cheese;
- vegetable oil;
- sesame halva;
Sour-milk skim products, on the contrary, accelerate the metabolism, act as usual means for losing weight, therefore they are excluded from the daily menu. In addition, metabolism stimulates caffeine, so tea and coffee are drinks that can distance you from your cherished goal.
Enrich your diet with slow carbohydrates (cereals, pasta, vegetables, fruits), protein products (meat, fish, eggs, cottage cheese, milk) and healthy fats (vegetable oils).
A beautiful figure is not a gift of nature, but the result of hard work on oneself. To gain weight and normalize metabolism, adhere to a healthy lifestyle, moderate exercise, balanced nutrition, drinking regimen, avoid stress and observe a rest regimen. In support of the body, when it is weakened by the struggle for the desired result, it is recommended to additionally use vitamins A, B, C, E. They will protect against viral attacks, strengthen the nervous system, improve the emotional state, provide energy, and accelerate the growth of muscle tissue.
Remember, gaining weight is much harder than losing weight.
Regularly monitor your diet, emotional state, which have a direct effect on body weight. Strengthen the immune system, sleep more, worry less and the result will not be long in coming.
Everyone needs vitamins: sick and healthy, thin and full. Do not forget to keep your body “afloat” and regularly take “fortified” courses twice a year: in spring and autumn.